Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow White and The 7 Dwarfs

Here is a cool old 78 I picked up last weekend for 10 cents. When I originally bought it, I was just interested in it because it has a really cool retro label on the center of the record. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it had a recording of Snow White and The 7 Dwarfs with Full Cast & orchestra. It is a Cricket Record from 1953. The reverse side has Tunes For Little People; Little Jack Horner, Little Bo Peep, Little Boy Blue, all with full cast and orchestra.
I am not able to listen to it yet, as my current record player does not play 78's. I know it came with some software to allow me adjust records recoded at regular 33 speed into 78, but I have not used it yet and am not sure how it works without breaking out the manual.