Monday, August 16, 2010

Disneyland's Main Street Music Shop

While surfing the net the other day, I happened upon this awesome photo from the Wonderland Music Store on Disneyland's Mainstreet. My eyes glazed over as I clicked on the photo to make it full size and I saw racks full of Disney vinyl just waiting to be purchased by happy Disneyland shoppers. I am not sure of the date of the photo but from the albums I can see on display I would guess this photo is from the mid 70's.
Going along with my last post talking about Disney releasing vinyl records again, I have to say that I would LOVE to walk into a shop on Mainstreet today and be greeted with a display like this! And if I had a time machine, I'm sure I'd have to take a trip back to 1979 to visit this shop, with a pocket full of cash!
Thanks to the great blog by amazing Disney designer Kevin Kidney for posting this photo.

3 comments:

Terrance T said...

That photo makes me want to go back into time and go vinyl LP shopping. Forget the other attractions, this store would be my E-Ticket thrill, except you wouldn't need tickets. In fact I could spot titles I have in my own collection easily from that photo.

Ronn Roxx said...

Yes, looking at the photo, it would seem I have most (if not all) the albums I can make out... that doesn't make it any less exciting to think about all those albums being there, all still sealed, in one place!

Anonymous said...

I have never been in there, i work in xlpharmacy which is also very close to my place ... but well thanks for share.