Monday, August 17, 2009

Mickey's Tattered Tale

Mickey Mouse - Mickey's Tattered Tale Read-Along Book and TapeToday I have a Disneyland Records and Tapes product that is not actually a record, but instead is a 24 Page Read-Along Book and Tape. It is Disney's Mickey Mouse - Mickey's Tattered Tale from 1988. My copy did not have the tape, but the front cover says that along with the story, it also contained the song "Here's to the Ears of Love".
I do not usually pick up these 'book and tape' combos, as they almost never have the tape to go along with the book. Even though this one didn't have the tape, I really liked the cover art work with my favorite Disney character Pluto, and Mickey Mouse looking like like Charlie Chaplin's The Tramp.
Along with the front cover I have also scanned the inside cover where we are instructed to "turn the page when you hear the chimes ring."
I also scanned the inside back cover which lists the full line of 1988 Walt Disney Storyteller book and cassettes.
Mickey Mouse - Mickey's Tattered Tale Read-Along Book and Tape
Mickey Mouse - Mickey's Tattered Tale Read-Along Book and Tape

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had this book and tape combo when I was a little girl. I used to sing the song endlessly!

Ronn Roxx said...

For me as a child it was the "Chilling Thrilling Sounds of the Hounted House" LP that I had. I remember listening to it endlessly (not much choice, as I only had a couple of albums at the time). Upon listening to this album recently as an adult, its funny to think I listened to it so much - it is so cheesy!