Sunday, June 19, 2011

Apollo Music $1 Record Sale!

I finally got to Apollo Music today. I heard about them a few months back, but their hours are pretty much the same as the hours I work and they are not usually open on weekends. But I got an email from them this past week saying that they would be open today (Saturday) and that they had over 2500 new $1 albums, so I planned to make the trip to visit the store. I was not disappointed! I came home with 58 new albums, mostly Disney or Disney related.
Among my favorites, are:
  • A mint copy of Walt Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean which still has its $5.98 Disneyland price sticker on it.
  • An RCA Camden album of Roy Rogers tells and sings about Pecos Bill from 1949.
  • Disneyland Records [DQ1296] Mary Martin Sings the Sound of Music from 1966.
  • Disneyland Records [3815] Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse Club Song Hits with a personal Mousketeer Cast Photo Album from 1975.
  • Buena Vista Records "Let's Get Together with Haley Mills" from 1962.
  • Somerset Records presents Favorite Songs from Walt Disney's Mary Poppins.
  • Columbia Records, The Dave Brubeck Quartet "Dave Digs Disney"
  • Official Mickey Mouse Club 78 R.P.M. Extra Play record of Walt Disney's The Littlest Outlaw from 1955.
  • Walt Disney "Little Gem" Record of The Aristocats.
  • A Pinocchio audio cassette that came with an LP sized booklet. Unfortunately the tape is missing, but I actually think I have an extra Pinocchio cassette somewhere that I can slip into this case.
I also got some more record sleeves to put my new records in. It is amazing how slipping an old beat up record into a glossy record sleeve can make it look so much more impressive!
As well as all the Disney records, I also picked up some other interesting albums incluidng an Art Linkletter album, a Reveen "Stop Smoking" album and a very cool Walter Lantz Woody Woodpecker album.


Your Pal Doug said...

Like Wow!
What a find!
Where is this Apollo Music?
I'd like to visit someday.


Ronn Roxx said...

They are in Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada. Check them out at

kimtche said...

oh my gosh, i'm so jealous. i just became interested in disney vintage records but have been buying on ebay. i thought i was getting a good deal if i paid less than 10 but i also have to pay for shipping and you're finding all these for $1 or even .25!! i guess i've got to check out the antique shops. there are so few records stores anymore.

Ronn Roxx said...

You need to check out you local thrift shops. I stopped by two on the way home yesterday and came hope with 2 Disney LPs and 7 Disney 45 records with books. All for less than $10! You just need to look... its out there to be found.